[ale] The rest of Redhat

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Fri Feb 7 18:19:36 EST 2003

On Thursday 06 February 2003 03:06 pm, James P. Kinney III wrote:
> copy all of the contents of the RPMS directories from all 3 CD's in the
> hard drive. Run "rpm -Uvh *.rpm " from that directory on the hard drive.

I lost a box (would not reboot) using that method once.
Also, one time I forgot to delete the rpms  - and had disk limit problems for
weeks (I was really really new) before remembering.

> Or, boot from the install CD and do an upgrade.
The best solution I found was, download an CD for SUSE and get a stable
handsfree install *right* the first time. Sometimes my Redhat would install
fully - but sometimes is not good enough. It'll probably all be better in
RH8.1.

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com