[ale] rpm bug

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Feb 5 20:40:20 EST 2003

You are likely using the wrong name to determine if the package is
installed.  For example you install foo-1.2.4-ga.rpm by doing:

rpm -ihv foo-1.2.4-ga.rpm

You remove it:

rpm -e foo-1.2.4

I'd suggest doing something like the following to insure you're
providing the correct name of the 'suspected' installed rpm:

rpm -qa|grep foo

where foo is the first few characters of the rpm's name.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...