[ale] swap usage

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Feb 5 15:41:54 EST 2003

John Wells wrote:
> Geoffrey,
>
> Been noticing the same behavior on this end.  What version of mozilla are
> you running?

1.2.1

I've noticed some wierd slow downs on this machine as well.  Started
after I moved to a new mb and processor.  Hmm, I guess that wouldn't be
the same machine then would it?

Point is, there are times when I'll be doing something that's a bit
memory intensive, but not cpu intensive and my box will look like it's
frozen.  Nothing moves.  Give it a few seconds and all is well.  I never
experienced this with my Celeron processor, just since I went to my amd
processor.

Anyone else see things like this?

For example, I'll fire up a program that will run through a bunch of
image files, kinda like a slideshow only real fast, no pause.  At times
it'll fly right through them.  Other times, it will stop with one and
sit there, maybe for a few seconds, then off it goes again.

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...