[ale] /tmp directory full!!

Jason Day jasonday at worldnet.att.net
Wed Feb 5 11:42:39 EST 2003

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 10:43:31AM -0500, mark wrote:
> Yep, I flushed it manually ..rm -rf /tmp/*.  What has my curiosity up, why
> isn't the /tmp being flushed?  And, I really thought rebooting would flush
> it, but it didn't??  Is it possible I've got something mischievous running
> in /tmp??

It depends on what distribution you use as to how/when /tmp is flushed,
if ever.  Debian flushes /tmp at every boot, I think some versions of
RedHat use a cron job, and I'm sure others don't do anything.

Is /tmp a separate partition?  How big is it?  What kind of files are in
there?

    -- Weyoun-6, Star Trek: Deep Space 9