[ale] Bobness and Jonathanness (and some PHP)

Dow Hurst dhurst at kennesaw.edu
Tue Feb 4 18:14:22 EST 2003

Actually, Geoffrey taught me something at an ALE meeting that applies to this:

Always take the extra bit of time to test out info you get from others.  Make sure you really know what you know.  Don't assume that what you know is "right".  (Thanks Geoff!)

Also, I've noticed that quality sources of information digested by some means to discard the chaff and keep the kernels of truth are invaluable.  Sorting that info is also important so it is able to be referenced.

Teach some Linux or Unix security to others.  There is nothing better than teaching a topic to have the info sink in and get organized in your head!  So, you should volunteer an ALE or ALE-NW security talk soon! ;-)
Dow

>>> jtaylor at onlinea.com 02/04/03 17:24 PM >>>
So how does one pursue Bob- or Jonathanness? :)

I've been a security focused admin and coder for a couple of
years...what's the next level?  Certification?  Education?  Annyoing
questions lobbed at Bob and Jonathan for the rest of my career? ;)

jenn