[ale] Bad Business maybe not so bad

Dow Hurst dhurst at kennesaw.edu
Sat Feb 1 00:06:46 EST 2003

Have you read the latest issues of Linux Journal or Linux Magazine?  There are *new* areas that are opening up for Linux jobs.  Education and the finance industry are starting to crack open in America.  This may not affect most of us now, hopefully the opportunities will pick up this year.  I hate that American businesses are fleeing the country and pushing jobs to foreign countries.  It is pretty obvious that the long term is not a view held by our political or business leaders.  Maybe this is a good time to rethink our priorities and look at what is important.  Some things to think about:

Get rid of the unnecessary fluff (Cable TV, cell phone?)

Spend time with the one you love (Tux?)

Enjoy the outdoors and forget about computers for a while  (Walk across India looking for a job?)

Just tryin' to inject some humor in a not so funny situation. ;-)
Dow