[ale] OT sort of, Need advice on replacing Dell laptop keyboard.

Jim Lynch jwl at sgi.com
Wed Dec 31 15:03:19 EST 2003

I have a Dell Latitude that has a broken keyboard.  I've seen them
advertised on ebay but I have no idea if it is really replaceable.  The
last keyboard I took apart wasn't meant to be taken apart without a special
jig and it was impossible to get back together without that jig.  Imagine
holding 60+springs down and putting keys on each, aligning said while
dropping the top on.

Anyway, I digress.  Has anyone attempted to replace a keyboard on a
Latitude or paid  someone do it?  This is not under maintenance.  Is it
possible without special tools?

Thanks,
Jim.

Happy new year, all.