[ale] OT: COMPLETELY OT and still pretty long. Anybody sick today?

rhiannen rhiannen at atlantacon.org
Tue Dec 30 16:03:59 EST 2003

Sigh.

Why do some people feel the need to make such a vast jump from Holistic to
Witchdoctor?  I even provided the definition of holistic precisely because of
such.

Gee, lookie there -  better and more abundant food is a factor - just like the
point I was making. Sheesh. I believe my post was in direct reference to ONE
specific area: Dieting and its subsequent diet related health. My point was that
all the chemicals we now ingest and process overload the liver making it harder
for it to do it's job metabolizing food. Basic biology, hell, basic mechanic
physics 101. Clog a filter, it no workie so well anymore. It seemed clear enough
to me that that idea was NOT self-limiting to the point that ALL health gains
and losses in the last century are due to chemical enhanced foods. What a
massive leap in logic it took to twist my statements to justify such an outburst
against "holistic medicine."

I also mentioned that many allopathic doctors and the AMA support many of the so
called 'alternative health' areas. It's a partnership deal. Good food, good air,
good water, good medical care. If my previous post was an attack against the AMA
et al, would I have gone to the effort to show that the two views share similar
ideals in many areas?

BTW, my son and I both owe quite a lot to allopathic medicine - and I am quite
happy to give them their due and sing their praises when deserving. I've met a
number of wonderful health professionals lately, many of which I would, and
have, highly recommend in their fields. Thank you for insinuating that I have
amoeba for brain cells and cannot see the advantages of modern medicine. The
compliment is most definitely taken as you intended.

Absolutely amazing how the simple statement of easily verified health points
becomes an attack from out of nowhere implying the information I offered is
simply witchdoctor hocus pocus. Is someone so threatened by the very concept of
improving diet provokes such venom?

I've spent my time doing research, my own health has improved dramatically in
the last year and that's more than enough to satisfy me. I've got nothing to
gain by stating what I've learned. It's not like organic farmers are paying me
lots of money to promote their products. Sorry if my meager attempt to share
what I've spent the last year or so researching is so threatening that it
provoked such ridiculous veiled attacks posing as humor.

Obviously, something in what I posted earlier hit a nerve or two. For that,
whatever it was, I apologize to the entire list as this has become beyond
ridiculous. Don't worry, I certainly won't be posting further on this issue.

----
rhia
Excuse me, please.  What universe is this?