[ale] RSS reading software

Dow Hurst dhurst at kennesaw.edu
Tue Dec 30 12:21:12 EST 2003

http://www.webattack.com/Freeware/misctools/fwrssreaders.html

The link above is only Win based readers, but came from just Googling
"RSS clients".  Maybe a little searching would develop some Linux
solutions.
Dow

>>> dcorbin at machturtle.com 12/30/03 7:22 AM >>>
I'm looking for recomendations for RSS reading software.  I'm not 100%
sure
what features I want.  In my mind, I can imaging the following
fundamental
approaches:
1) a web-based system that periodically polls a set of subscribed sites,
and
maintains a complete up-to-date list of "articles" that are available.
2) Another is a GUI-based client reader that  gives me the "here and
now"
choices for those subscribed sites.
3) a proxy that responds to the IMAP protocol

Furthermore, I can imagine the additional following features being
useful:
* Distinguish between new stories and old
* Keywords of interest (possibly by site)
* Build knowledbase of articles that are of interest to me (Bayesian
filtering)
* Works like my mail reader :) (Kmail)

I've never looked at RSS stuff, so maybe there's something I'm missing.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks
--
David Corbin <dcorbin at machturtle.com>