[ale] Streaming video for Linux?

John Wells jb at devsea.com
Tue Dec 30 07:56:58 EST 2003

I have to work Friday, which just so happens to be the day one of my alma
mater's (Ole Miss) takes on Oklahoma State in the Cotton Bowl.

I *HAVE* to devise a way to see this game.  I have a couple of capture
cards at home in a box I built for MythTV, and I'd like to set up some
sort of video streaming to allow me to watch the game over the net from
the office.

The cards are Hauppauge PVR-n50s (one 250 and one 350), so all video is
pulled by default as MPEG-2 streams.

Can anyone provide some pointers on how to stream this in real time?  I
recall a few years ago that there was a Real convertor for Linux and am
going to look at that today, but want to have some other options.

Thanks!

John