[ale] Building linux entertainment devices

zack zack at the-links.net
Fri Dec 26 23:34:35 EST 2003

Doug McNash wrote:

> I have had the same thoughts but there once was ZapMedia here in
> Atlanta who were attempting to do the same thing. (I believe an ale
> member was involved in this endevor.)
>

> http://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/stories/2002/09/02/story8.html?jst=s_cn_hl
>

>                        The product you describes sounds like the
> ZapStation, late to market and too expensive.

Yeah, I think the $1500 price tag might have had /something/ to do with
the slow sales....  ;-)  But as far as late to market, doesn't there
have to be a market first?  I don't know of anything that is doing what
a ZapStation apparently does/did, other than my PC.

Thanks though, I wasn't aware of them before your email, but that seems
pretty close to what I wanted to do.

Zack