[ale] OT: the Penny Black anti-spam proposal

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Fri Dec 26 19:05:00 EST 2003

Since many spammers just use others pc's I don't think the $/emails would
work.

Since many spammers are overseas I am not sure about the burning at the
stake - however that would be a good job for the usually useless UN to do.
I am for that.

Reverse email verification could be worked around if you use an account you
set up on a hacked machine or are overseas.

What's needed is a massive campaign on the part of users to run up the
spammers machines cpu to the point where it blows up.  Then it would be easy
for sys admins to find out if their system is being used for spam.

I dunno - I think the burning at the stake method is the best so far.

Greg