[ale] OT: the Penny Black anti-spam proposal

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Fri Dec 26 13:33:33 EST 2003

OpenBSD has had spamd for 2 or 3 versions now.  Same principle (make the
spammer's machines work overtime) and it works right now without any need
for any more work/standards/re-doing of the internet mail system.  I think
that it has been ported to Linux, but I am not sure.  Here are some articles
on it :

from the man pages
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=spamd&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpa
th=OpenBSD+Current&arch=i386&format=html

http://www.benzedrine.cx/relaydb.html

http://www.deadly.org/article.php3?sid=20030528095233

from insecure.org http://seclists.org/lists/honeypots/2003/Jan-Mar/0005.html

Greg