[ale] OT: HW failure

Preston Boyington PBoyington at polyengineering.com
Tue Dec 23 14:53:38 EST 2003

should it make a "clip clop" sound like in an old radio drama there is hope
of it making a good doorstop.  contact the vendor (Maxtor, Seagate, etc.)
and see if it is under warranty.  if you bought it at places like Office
Depot or such, see if they will exchange it.

if it is a Maxtor drive we will have something in common.

Maxtor exchanged _FOUR_ of mine over three years...

preston