[ale] OT: HW failure

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Tue Dec 23 14:50:01 EST 2003

Check the warranty and perhaps you may be able to get a replacement (or the
next higher model).  Beware that if the hd is from a different area (in my
case the UK) the North American part of some companies will not service it
(the hd had to go back to the UK - yeah, right !).  In which case you have a
60 GB paperweight.  I doubt you want to open it up, but it could be fun,
though.

I personally wouldn't use it.

Greg