[ale] Strategies for OS code in the Enterprise

John Wells jb at devsea.com
Tue Dec 23 08:41:28 EST 2003

Perhaps I didn't state my question clearly...

At no time have I doubted to value of contributing our code back to the
project, and my developers have already contacted the IssueTracker project
owners to discuss this.

However, since the changes between DEV and STABLE are substantial, and
because certain areas have been majorly rewritten, we need a way to be
able to continue to use and develop against STABLE, while merging portions
of DEV as we see fit.

I guess really what I'm after is a good project merge tool...CVS's hand
diff-n-merge is fine, but I'm sure other solutions exist?