[ale] OT: USB Storage for Knoppix

Jeff Layton jeffrey.b.layton at lmco.com
Mon Dec 22 10:55:37 EST 2003

Good morning,

   I know I've asked the USB storage with Knoppix before, but
I've got a follow-up. I found this small hard drive based storage
thing that connects via USB. Here's a link to it:

http://www.mpio.com/~mpiocom/goods/hs100.php

It looks pretty nifty. However, I'm not sure it would work
with Linux. The manuals says it's formatted with FAT32.
It also says you don't have to install any drivers for it to work
under Windows 2000. This makes me think it should under
Linux if it's mounted as 'vfat'.
   Does anybody have any opinion and/or observation?

Thanks!

Jeff

--
Dr. Jeff Layton