[ale] OT: Re: posting to Linux mail list

da Black Baron dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 21 15:25:50 EST 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 07:46, aaron wrote:

> This is of course assuming that one abides by the definition of emulation and
> doesn't mis-label FreeBSD and Linux as such. ;-)

Yes, I was in a very long and protracted argument on a BBS, back in "the
day", over whether Linux was an "emulator" or not.  He wouldn't back
down even when I pointed out that an "emulator" properly requires
another OS underneath it's emulation layer in order to function, whereas
Linux is fully-functional without the help of any other kernel.

I think he was confused because I was talking about zipslack, which runs
on an DOS partition, and booting with loadlin.  He wouldn't accept that
DOS was being unloaded, I guess... hahahaha.  :-)

(,,oBo,,)         |           Wylde  Bill
http://lyst.org   |    wyldechylde at geocities.com

"Here's my family tree.  As far as I can tell, my
relatives were carnival folk who were touring this place called
Hiroshima in the summer of 1945.  Because they lost most of their hair,
they mostly married each other.  And here I am." --The Oblongs

                D.E.A. = State Sponsored Terrorism
          Disempowering government means empowering people.
        http://flag.blackened.net/daver/anarchism/nlm/nlm.html