[ale] nomad zen and linux

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Fri Dec 19 07:41:35 EST 2003

Stephen Turner wrote:
> hey what would one need to do to access the nomad zen (usb harddrive
> mp3player) over linux? i thought maybe it was on sda1 like my cam but
> mounting that with vfat didnt work.

If your cam is sda1 then the player may well be sda2.  Depends on if the
cam is still connected while you're trying to connect the player.
That's one thing I don't like about usb.  Which ever device is connected
first gets the first device.  Makes it difficult to set up /etc/fstab.
I know hotplug is supposed to deal with that, but I've not found a
working solution.

Until later, Geoffrey	esoteric at 3times25.net