[ale] Slackware Motherboards and a New HDD

Adrin haswes at mindspring.com
Thu Dec 18 21:39:16 EST 2003

Hello,

Well, I bought a 80Gig drive for my 60MHZ ASRocks K7VT2 Linux system.  It currently runs
Red Hat. I was going to give Slackware a try now though. Here is my problem.  I can do the
software install, boot form the CDROM, FORMAT the drive partition and all that.

Now the problems comes after. When I reboot the system never loads the OS. The last thing
on the boot list is "IDE: Boot OK."  I just wonder at this point if I am not doing some
correctly on the Slackware side or if the mother board just doesn't support a large boot
partition. In which case I got lucky when I partitioned the 40 Gig drive to smaller
partitions.

Does anyone know of such limits on mother boards?  I have been looking on the website.

Adrin