[ale] Minidisc player/recorders and Linux

Chris Ricker kaboom at gatech.edu
Mon Dec 15 12:53:53 EST 2003

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003, Jeff Hubbs wrote:

> Anyone using the subject devices and getting digital transfers to/from
> Linux?

I have a Sony NetMD. It's only usable from Windows at least for what I want
to do. There is an effort to write software to interface with the Sony NetMD
line from Linux. Some things work, but no uploading / downloading yet. Check
out <http://www.pdr.cx/projects/gnetmd/main/>, Xmd
<http://www.sorted.org/~pete/Xmd/>, and libnetmd
<http://libnetmd.sourceforge.net/>

You might try Kenwood. I've heard they have Linux-accessible MDs (though the
sound probably will be a generation behind the Sony ones)

later,
chris