[ale] freebytes.org continues to sell Really Cheap Hardware

Michael D. Hirsch mhirsch at nubridges.com
Thu Dec 11 14:01:39 EST 2003

On Thursday 11 December 2003 01:31 pm, Bob Toxen wrote:
>   2. Set the sticky bit (chmod +t) on the programs involved that get
>      invoked repeatedly.  These probably would be the client side of
>      SpamAssassin and components of Exim.

I suspect that this is old information.  According to the chmod man page on my
RH 9 system:

On older Unix systems, the sticky bit caused executable files to be hoarded in
swap space. This feature is not useful on modern VM systems, and the Linux
kernel ignores the sticky bit on files.

So either the man page is off, or your age is showing.  ;-)

Michael