[ale] Sending pages to Verizon and SprintPCS phones

Fletch fletch at phydeaux.org
Wed Dec 10 17:11:52 EST 2003

>>>>> "Christopher" == Christopher Fowler <cfowler at outpostsentinel.com> writes:

    Christopher> Does anyone know what protocol i need to use when
    Christopher> sending pages to PCS and Verizon phones?  It appears
    Christopher> these providers do not support SNPP.  I can send to
    Christopher> Nextel phones via SNPP easy.  I'm looking for a way
    Christopher> to use perl to send messages to these phones over the
    Christopher> internet.  SNPP works great now.

Some cell providers support email to the number at provider.com or some
variation thereon (for example T-mobile's 1npanxxxxxx at tmomail.net, and
Nextel had something similar).  Usually somewhere on the provider's
web presence they'll have instructions how to do this (look on the
sections on SMS or text messaging).