[ale] Mandrake 9.2 Install Error

Doug McNash dmcnash at charter.net
Tue Dec 9 23:42:24 EST 2003

Pretty obscure...

On Redhat install disks CD1://RedHat/base/hdlist[2] are
files generated by /lib/anaconda-runtime/genhdlist.  They
contain dependency info on the .rpm files. (I know this
because I just completed a network booting kickstart setup
with a set of updated RH9 rpms - would be great for an
installfest! - and had to regen my hdlist and hdlist2 to
get it to load the proper rpms)

Sounds like Mandrake uses the same system [anaconda] and
your media is missing them.

--
Doug McNash <dmcnash at yahoo.com>