[ale] OT: Trusted Computing

da Black Baron dbaron13 at atl.bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 9 00:51:47 EST 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-09 at 00:34, da Black Baron wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-08 at 12:48, Kevin O'Neill Stoll wrote:
> > http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~rja14/tcpa-faq.html
> >
> > As I read this faq, personal property rights issues came to
> > mind. Do you actually own what you have paid for? You would
> > think the answer is yes, but these guys seem to think that
> > they have control over your personal property.
> >
> > Anyway, had to rant.
>
> A few nice little worms to fry their TC databases would put an end to
> all that crap.
>
> Like, how willing would a law firm be to keep their records in a format
> that becomes valueless once the master key is fried?

Plus, couldn't you just put a packet-sniffer in a router between the
source and your "tc" machine to catch the decryption key and everything
else?

(,,oBo,,)         |           Wylde  Bill
http://lyst.org   |    wyldechylde at geocities.com

"Here's my family tree.  As far as I can tell, my
relatives were carnival folk who were touring this place called
Hiroshima in the summer of 1945.  Because they lost most of their hair,
they mostly married each other.  And here I am." --The Oblongs

                D.E.A. = State Sponsored Terrorism
          Disempowering government means empowering people.
        http://flag.blackened.net/daver/anarchism/nlm/nlm.html