[ale] Current Red Hat users - moving on?

Bob Toxen bob at verysecurelinux.com
Mon Dec 8 18:13:49 EST 2003

On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 03:16:47PM -0500, Yu, Jerry wrote:
> can u buy one copy of RHEL and install all over places within the company,
> sorta a site license?
Yes, in my professional non-attorney opinion.  It's Open Source RPMs
that it downloads.  I created a script to then install them on a list
of other systems via scp.  This was the solution of one of my clients.
He also decided (10 minutes ago) that his new Secure FTP server will
run Slackware.

Another will have me download the source of Sendmail, Apache, from the
original Open Source sites and build and install.  I'll probably convert
my one Red Hat system to Slackware or Mandrake.

Bob Toxen
http://www.verysecurelinux.com        [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com [My book:"Real World Linux Security 2/e"]

"Microsoft: Unsafe at any clock speed!"