[ale] Current Red Hat users - moving on?

Jim Popovitch jimpop at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 18:24:37 EST 2003

I am moving to Debian.  RH, while free to do what they did, have removed
any need for sticking with RH.  The value of RH was RHN.  Now that RHN
is priced so high (and their alternative is less worthy than apt+cron),
I see no need to remain, in fact I see advantages to moving
public-facing servers to Debian.  For starters, the Debian team releases
security fixes in hours, RH takes days.

-Jim P.