[ale] [OT] Residential Data/Voice/Video Wiring

tfreeman at intel.digichem.net tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Mon Dec 1 22:50:24 EST 2003

Well, I'll wishy-washy on the electrician not being required. I suspect
that experience with conduit helps get the initial runs correct so pulling
cable later isn't a big deal. I expect that the electrician is the
tradesman with that experience. There may also be some grounding issues
that I'm not familiar with (should be with metal conduit).

That said, once things are laid out decently, the rest could easily be a
DYI day for a good sized house.

FWIW, a local store here (Charlotte) has a circuit box for just the kind
of project you are talking about - being the hub of the various network
connections and such. It just hangs on the wall, potientially locked, with
all the punch blocks and such safely inside. I _think_ I've heard of
something similar at Home Depot, so a home improvelment warehouse may be a
good stop also.