[ale] OT: C++/win32 positions

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at proteus-tech.com
Tue Apr 29 23:55:53 EDT 2003

	I've been given the go ahead to find a couple of hard core C++ developers.
Unfortunately for purposes of this list, the environment is very M$oft oriented but the job is fun and
the environment flexible. Some travel to exotic places could be involved and its it possible that we
may get to move to a linux environment eventually but will probably never abandon M$oft. The big
requirement is strong C++ skill, flexibility of environment (we got a weird coding style so you better
be adaptable), and self-driven. You will be assigned tasks like "marketing wants us to demonstrate
this feature that they claim we already have next week - why don't you go figure out how to do that
and come back with it.." While you will get all the support you ask for, if you are not self-motivated
you will not be happy in this kind of environment. Company is reasonably big but development
group is very small and an industry leader. Software gets to do neat GUIs and talk to scanners,
POS printers, and other fun devices so you're not being paid to generate reams of reports that no
one will ever read. For example, my present task is to get a handwriting recognition library integrated
with the scanner for a demo next week (see what I mean). Its not linux but its a good company with
nice benefits (and paycheck).

	Please send me a resume with salary requirements and detail C++ experience.

		Ben Scherrey