[ale] Mozilla Firebird is pretty cool

Robert L. Harris Robert.L.Harris at rdlg.net
Sun Apr 27 15:40:40 EDT 2003

Will Firebird replace the existing Mozilla 1.4 or is it a different
animal all together?

Thus spake James P. Kinney III (jkinney at localnetsolutions.com):

> I finally got around to looking at the Mozilla Phoenix (now Mozilla
> Firebird) project. That is one screaming fast render job for a browser.
> It is noticably faster than Mozilla or Galeon on putting the page on the
> screen. I compared loading the same freshmeat page and slashdot page on
> each browser and the difference was substantial. I don't have scientific
> numbers as I didn't use a timer script (yet).
> --
> James P. Kinney III          \Changing the mobile computing world/
> CEO & Director of Engineering \          one Linux user         /
> Local Net Solutions,LLC        \           at a time.          /
> 770-493-8244                    \.___________________________./
> http://www.localnetsolutions.com
>
> GPG ID: 829C6CA7 James P. Kinney III (M.S. Physics) <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>

:wq!
Robert L. Harris                     | PGP Key ID: E344DA3B
                                         @ x-hkp://pgp.mit.edu
DISCLAIMER:

Diagnosis: witzelsucht

IPv6 = robert at ipv6.rdlg.net	http://ipv6.rdlg.net