[ale] Need CID popup that works with vgetty

Jim Seymour jim at 66-23-195-190.clients.speedfactory.net
Sat Apr 26 23:44:32 EDT 2003

On Mon, 21 Apr 2003, Geoffrey wrote:

> I don't use vgetty, but I'll assume that it works just like mgetty since
> it's the voice extension of the same.  I actually have mgetty execute a
> script when I get a call and the cid is passed to the script.  The
> script calls festival so that I have audible caller id.
>
> Festival is a text to voice converter, so rather than looking for a
> window pop up, I hear the caller id info.
>
> You could do the same by taking advantage of the ability to call a
> script and have it pop up a tcl window or something.>

Hi Geoffrey,
	Thanks for your response to my inquiry about a caller id popup
that will work with vgetty.  Sorry I am so late coming back to you on
this.  My new modem arrived and I have been fighting other problems
getting it to work with vgetty.  I am curious about the script you use
that captures the caller id information and passes it off to festival.  Is
this a script you wrote yourself or did you get it from somewhere else?
I know know nothing about writing scripts so any direction you can point
me in for help is greatly appreciated.  Again this is a RedHat 7.3 system
if that is any help.

TIA,

--
Jim Seymour