[ale] Virtual Dedicated Servers

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Tue Apr 22 17:33:53 EDT 2003

Hello,

Last week I went to visit a web hosting facility that offered virtual
dedicated servers on Linux.  They stated they had proprietary software
to provide this product.  Its like a small Linux system that is
controlled so the user can not use too many cycles up and limit the
other customers. It was intriguing.  To me ti should be dedicated or
shared.  That word virtual in the subject line of this email cancels out
the second word "dedicated".  Can someone tell me if there is an OSS
solution to allow VDS on Linux?  I might could put a view of my sites in
one to protect the host from hacking.