[ale] [OT] Georgia Super-DMCA Update

F. Grant Robertson f.g.robertson at alexiongroup.com
Tue Apr 22 15:57:31 EDT 2003

I just called as well. Chris was really nice, he says he's "not really for this either", in a very sceptical "don't take away my kaZZa" tone <grin>. I would ask that anyone here that has 3 or 4 free minutes give him a call and tell him that "House Bill 867 cannot be allowed to pass". It litterally only takes a minute. The squeeky wheel gets the grease and all that..

He also mentioned that the committee meeting is open tommorow, at 2pm, in rm 230 of The Gold Dome. He said it would send a very strong message if there were some grassroots opposition to the bill to counter the MPAA. He did say that representatives of the MPAA _will_ be there.

I personaly don't think I can make it, but I really hope some of us do.  We may beat this first battle, keeping it from passing both floors before the session is out, however, we must stay mindful of this. Had this been a session wihtout so much chaos, this could have been on the floor by now.

I never thought I'd say this but, thank god they are preoccupied with the flag. Now if they'd only bother to pass a budget.

-Grant