[ale] code weavers/photoshop

Sean Kilpatrick kilpatms at mindspring.com
Tue Apr 22 10:31:39 EDT 2003

For those who are forced to run certain M$ apps,
this might be of interest.

Sean

- ------------------- <begin copied material> --------------------

Subject: Announcing CrossOver Office, Version 2.0
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 07:01:18 -0500
From: Jeremy White <jwhite at codeweavers.com>
To: ale at ale.org
To: announce at wine.codeweavers.com

I am very pleased to announce the release of
CrossOver Office, Version 2.0.

Version 2.0 brings support for Photoshop,
Word/XP, Excel/XP, PowerPoint/XP, and Access 2000.
It also brings the ability to run double
byte languages and an enormous number of bug fixes
and general improvements.  A complete list of
changes is attached to this email.

If you purchased CrossOver Office within the past
six months (twelve for volume licenses), or have recently purchased
a support extension, then you can download the new release
by visiting our store web site at:
      http://store.codeweavers.com/
You will need to log in, and then look for the
'Downloads' button on the left hand side.

If you are having problems with glibc 2.3, but would
rather not extend your support, please give us just a little
more time. We are now working on a 1.3.X patch which we hope
will address these problems.  We hope to have that
out in the very near future.

If you have problems obtaining the upgrade,
please write to store at codeweavers.com for
assistance.

As always, if you have a stable configuration,
we would suggest backing up your configuration
before upgrading; you may also want to put off
the upgrade for a while.

We have tested this release extensively,
and the overwhelming majority of customers
that tried the test releases felt that it was an
improvement over 1.3.1.  However, a few of the testers
did have unusual problems, and some of those problems have not
yet been resolved.

Finally, I did want to say that we at CodeWeavers greatly
appreciate both the business and support of our customers,
without which we would not have been able to accomplish
so much.  We are very proud of what Wine is now capable
of doing, and we look forward to working with you
to make Linux a truly Windows compatible operating system.

Cheers,

Jeremy White
CEO
CodeWeavers, Inc.