[ale] Need redhat help

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Apr 22 09:26:11 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-04-22 at 09:01, msmith at mikeandmel.com wrote:
> rpm -qa will list all the rpm's installed.
>
> httpd.conf is located in /etc/httpd/conf
>
> As far as determining where everything is installed, I
> can't answer that one....

for i in `rpm -qa` do rpm -ql $i ;done

Seriously, rpm -ql will list all the files with installation path for a
package that is installed. rpm -qpl will tell you where files will be
put in an uninstalled package.

To find out what pieces are needed by a package, rpm -qpR foo.rpm will
list the files, libs, etc needed by package foo.

To also install other needed/suggested packages along with the main one,
--aid is the flag to use. That is typically used with an http or ftp
install or access to a large pile of rpm's. I have not used this flag
before.

www.rpmfind.net is a great resource for finding packages.