[ale] OT: digital recorder/camera recommendation?

Robert Coggins ale at cogginsnet.com
Mon Apr 21 08:50:28 EDT 2003

John,

First, for video you want a digital camera.  They are great and a lot higher
quality.

Second, do not get a video camera thinking you are going to use the built in
still camera.  Most all digital video cameras have a digital still funciton.
However, you will usually not find one with much more than a megapixel.  I
think when I was selling them the highest we had was a sony with like a 1.2
mp still shot.  Especially when having a baby this won't work because sure
enough you use that still shot and it is going to be a great picuter and you
will want to blow it up to frame it but the quality will be crap.

Third,  Sony makes a great camera.  I have a Canon though.  It is excellent
and does not cost too much.  There are several other good brands. But,
again, sony seemed to be the most popular and least troublesome.

-Rob