[ale] Gnupg and mutt automatic fetching of keys question

Allan Neal allanneal at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 19 21:52:55 EDT 2003

On Sat, Apr 19, 2003 at 09:39:29PM -0400, Jason Day wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2003 at 11:57:21PM -0400, Allan Neal wrote:
> [snip]
> > Does anyone know how I can get automatic downloading of signatures to
> > work?
>
> The attached .gpg.rc file looks good to me.  When I diff it against
> mine, the only differences are the path to pgpewrap and the extra
> (commented out) pgp_getkeys_command line.  You are sourcing this file in
> your ~/.muttrc, aren't you?
Yes I have the following line:
source ~/.gpg.rc
in my .muttrc file.

> Do you have a keyserver defined in your ~/.gnupg/options file?  Have you
> inadvertently set the no-auto-key-retrieve keyserver option?
No, I don't even see that option in my options file.  The only keyserver
option I have is 'keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net'.  I have attached my
.muttrc and .gnupg/options file here.

[snip]

Thanks for the suggestions.  is there a auto-key-retrieve option for
gnupg?  Any more suggenstions and help are welcome.

Allan

--
 __^__                                          __^__
( ___ )----------------------------------------( ___ )

## General
set folder=~/mail
set mbox_type=mbox
set mbox=+old-mail
set spoolfile=+personal
set postponed=+postponed
set record=+sent
set alias_file=~/mail/aliases
source ~/mail/aliases
set envelope_from
set editor=vim
set realname="Allan K. Neal"
set sig_dashes
set copy=yes            # Don't ask for outgoing copies
set delete=yes          # Don't ask when exiting about deleted msgs
set include=yes         # Include original when replying
set move=yes             # Don't ask if moving messages
set postpone=ask-yes    # Ask to keep an aborted message
set print=ask-yes		# Ask before printing
set print_command=muttprint
set strict_threads
set abort_nosubject=no
set smart_wrap
set quit=yes
set ispell="aspell -e -c"
## unsets
unset confirmappend
# don't add the hostname to the From header
unset use_domain
# don't generate a From header
unset use_from
# Exim does not remove Bcc headers
unset write_bcc
# Postfix and qmail use Delivered-To for detecting loops
unset bounce_delivered
unset metoo

# Alternatives
set alternates=[snip]

## Mailboxes
mailboxes =dictionary
mailboxes =ale
mailboxes =ale-unemployed
mailboxes =wool
mailboxes =slashdot
mailboxes =tomshardware

##lists
lists ale wool megawiki dictionary unemployed
subscribe ale wool megawiki dictionary unemployed

## folder hooks
mbox-hook personal +old-mail
save-hook personal +old-mail

folder-hook     (^|/)sent$      sort date-sent
folder-hook . 'set sort=threads'

folder-hook =ale push 'T~r>1w!~F\n";"' #mark for deletion after 5 days
folder-hook =slashdot push 'T~r>1w!~F\n";"' #mark for deletion after 7 days
folder-hook =megawiki push 'T~r>1w!~F\n";"' #mark for deletion after 7 days
folder-hook =backup push 'T~r>1w!~F\n";"' #mark for deletion after 7 days
folder-hook =sent push 'T~r>6m!~F\n";"' #mark for deletion after 6 months
folder-hook =old-mail push 'T~r>3m!~F\n";"' #mark for deletion after 3 months

send-hook . my_hdr From: Allan K. Neal <[snip]>
send-hook '~t localhost' 'my_hdr From: Allan <[snip]>'
send-hook '~t tashina' 'my_hdr From: Allan <[snip]>'
send-hook '~l' 'my_hdr From: Allan Neal <[snip]>'

# default list of header fields to weed when displaying
ignore *
unignore from: to: subject: date:

# map delete-char to a sane value
bind editor     <delete>  delete-char

# some people actually like these settings
set pager_stop
bind pager <up> previous-line
bind pager <down> next-line
bind pager <right> next-entry
bind pager <left> previous-entry
bind pager k previous-line
bind pager j next-line
bind pager L next-entry
bind pager H previous-entry
bind pager U next-unread

bind index <up> previous-entry
bind index <down> next-entry
bind index k previous-entry
bind index j next-entry
bind index U next-unread

# weed out binary-only announcements to -devel-changes
macro index \CW T!~s\(.*source.*\)\nWn^T~A\n "Weed out binary-only announcements"

# imitate the old search-body function
macro index \eb '/~b ' 'search in message bodies'

# simulate the old url menu
macro index \cb |urlview\n 'call urlview to extract URLs out of a message'
macro pager \cb |urlview\n 'call urlview to extract URLs out of a message'

# Show documentation when pressing F1
macro generic <f1> "!zcat /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz | sensible-pager\n" "Show Mutt documentation"
macro index   <f1> "!zcat /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz | sensible-pager\n" "Show Mutt documentation"
macro pager   <f1> "!zcat /usr/share/doc/mutt/manual.txt.gz | sensible-pager\n" "Show Mutt documentation"

# colors
color normal	white default
color attachment brightyellow default
color hdrdefault cyan default
color indicator black cyan
color markers	brightred default
color quoted	green default
color signature cyan default
color status	brightgreen blue
color tilde	blue default
color tree	red default
color header	brightgreen default ^From:
color header	brightcyan default ^To:
color header	brightcyan default ^Reply-To:
color header	brightcyan default ^Cc:
color header	brightyellow default ^Subject:
color body	brightred default [\-\.+_a-zA-Z0-9]+@[\-\.a-zA-Z0-9]+
color body	yellow default (https?|ftp)://[\-\.\,/%~_:?\#a-zA-Z0-9]+

# aliases for broken MUAs
charset-hook windows-1250 CP1250
charset-hook windows-1251 CP1251
charset-hook windows-1252 CP1252
charset-hook windows-1253 CP1253
charset-hook windows-1254 CP1254
charset-hook windows-1255 CP1255
charset-hook windows-1256 CP1256
charset-hook windows-1257 CP1257
charset-hook windows-1258 CP1258

# autoviews

auto_view application/zip
auto_view application/x-gzip
auto_view application/x-gunzip
auto_view application/pgp-signature
auto_view application/pgp
auto_view application/octet-stream
auto_view application/x-zip-compressed
auto_view application/x-arj-compressed
auto_view application/x-tar-gz
auto_view application/ms-tnef
auto_view application/x-perl
auto_view application/x-sh
auto_view application/x-tcl
auto_view application/x-delphi-source
auto_view application/emacs-lisp
auto_view application/msword
auto_view text/x-patch
auto_view text/html
auto_view text/x-vcard
auto_view text/x-script.elisp
auto_view image/tiff
auto_view text/x-lisp

# GnuPG configuration
set pgp_replyencrypt
set pgp_replysign
set pgp_timeout=1200
set pgp_verify_sig=yes
source ~/.gpg.rc

# Options for GnuPG
# Copyright 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
#
# This file is free software; as a special exception the author gives
# unlimited permission to copy and/or distribute it, with or without
# modifications, as long as this notice is preserved.
#
# This file is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
# WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law; without even the
# implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
#
# Unless you you specify which option file to use (with the
# commandline option "--options filename"), GnuPG uses the
# file ~/.gnupg/options by default.
#
# An option file can contain all long options which are
# available in GnuPG. If the first non white space character of
# a line is a '#', this line is ignored.  Empty lines are also
# ignored.
#
# See the man page for a list of options.

# Uncomment the next line to get rid of the copyright notice
no-greeting

# If you have more than 1 secret key in your keyring, you may want
# to uncomment the following option and set your preffered keyid

#default-key 621CC013

# GnuPG ultimately trusts all keys in the secret keyring.  If you do
# not have all your secret keys online available you should use this
# option to tell GnuPG about ultimately trusted keys.
# You have to give the long keyID here which can be obtained by using
# the --list-key command along with the option --with-colons; you will
# get a line similiar to this one:
#    pub:u:1024:17:5DE249965B0358A2:1999-03-15:2006-02-04:59:f:
# the 5th field is what you want.

#trusted-key 12345678ABCDEF01

# If you do not pass a recipient to gpg, it will ask for one.
# Using this option you can encrypt to a default key.  key validation
# will not be done in this case.
# The second form uses the default key as default recipient.

#default-recipient some-user-id
#default-recipient-self

# The next option is enabled because this one is needed for interoperation
# with PGP 5 users.  To enable full OpenPGP compliance you have to remove
# this option.

force-v3-sigs

# Because some mailers change lines starting with "From " to ">From "
# it is good to handle such lines in a special way when creating
# cleartext signatures; all other PGP versions do it this way too.
# To enable full OpenPGP compliance you have to remove this option.

escape-from-lines

# If you do not use the Latin-1 (ISO-8859-1) charset, you should
# tell GnuPG which is the native character set.  Please check
# the man page for supported character sets.
#charset utf-8

# You may define aliases like this:
#   alias mynames  -u 0x12345678 -u 0x456789ab -z 9
# everytime you use --mynames, it will be expanded to the options
# in the above defintion.  The name of the alias may not be abbreviated.
# NOTE: This is not yet implemented

# lock the file only once for the lifetime of a process.
# if you do not define this, the lock will be obtained and released
# every time it is needed - normally this is not needed.
lock-once

# If you have configured GnuPG without a random gatherer
# (./configure --enable-static-rnd=none), you have to
# uncomment _one_ of the following lines.  These
# extensions won't get used if you have a random gatherer
# compiled in (which is the default for GNU and xxxBSD systems)
#load-extension rndlinux
#load-extension rndunix
#load-extension rndegd

# GnuPG can import a key from a HKP keyerver if one is missing
# for certain operations. Is you set this option to a keyserver
# you will be asked in such a case whether GnuPG should try to
# import the key from that server (server do syncronize with each
# other and DNS Round-Robin may give you a random server each time).
# Use "host -l pgp.net | grep www" to figure out a keyserver.
#
# If you do not want to use the default port 11371, you can give the
# name of the keyserver like this:
#   x-hkp://keyserver.example.net:22742
# If you have problems connecting through a buggy proxy, you can use this:
#   x-broken-hkp://keyserver.example.net:11371
# But first you should make sure that you have read the man page regarding
# proxies (--honor-http-proxy)
# Most users just set the name of the preferred keyserver.
keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net

# The environment variable http_proxy is only used when the
# this option is set.

# honor-http-proxy

 PGP signature