[ale] Re: Evolution Issue

Uncle Flip uncleflip at sizenine.com
Fri Apr 18 10:53:50 EDT 2003

> Check the "Server requires Authentication" box and see if you need to  use
a password to send from the Mindspring account.

No, that doesn't appear to enter into it.  Never have needed a password for
it- and as I say, the exact same settings work perfectly well under a
different OS.  Not sure why Linux/Evolution would handle it differently.  I
rather like working on the Linux box, but this is frustrating, knowing that
I can't do it if there's the odd chance I may have to send an e-mail.  :(

> Bellsouth has in the past required email be sent through them if you use
their connection. Ditto for Earthlink.

Right.  That's why I have the outgoing server set to mail.bellsouth.net when
I'm at home behind the router, and mail.mindspring.com when on the road with
the laptop.  The arrangement works just fine everywhere *except* the Linux
box.

I guess the up side here is that I'm VERY new to Linux, and have only found
one or two things that have given me trouble.... :)

Be well
-UF
uncleflip at sizenine.com
uncleflip at voicestream.net (SMS)