[ale] php+oracle 9i linux help please

J.M. Taylor jtaylor at onlinea.com
Wed Apr 16 13:24:12 EDT 2003

I got the Oracle 9.2.0 server running on one machine, and the client on my
workstation.  I can connect remotely using sqlplus, and everything looks
good.  Both machines are RH 7.3 if that makes any difference.

I can also connect and parse a very simple query with PHP's oci functions
("select table_name from user_tables").  But when I go to execute that
query, I get:
"OCIStmtExecute: ORA-01029: internal two task error."

The official Oracle explanation for this is:
"ORA-01029 internal two task error

    Cause: Received a request to send the long again when there is no long

    Action: Contact Oracle Support Services."

Which may as well be in Swahili for all the sense it makes to me. :(

I've followed all the instructions I can find about setting my env for
apache's user, for PHP, etc, and it's actually *connecting*, but the exec
fails.

This happens whether I try to use php's oci functions on a remote machine,
or on the same machine as the oracle server.

I've been googling of course, and on PHP.net and several other places, but
thought I'd give ALE a shot too.  Anybody ever seen this? Can anybody
help?

Thanks
jenn

--