[ale] [OT!!] sole proprietary taxes

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Apr 16 10:52:49 EDT 2003

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 10:24, John Mills wrote:

> Yes, well ... now that OpenOffice provides a pretty usable suite of
> business applications, 'TurboTax' and getting the best photo prints from
> my Epson-740i are the only reasons I have to boot M$Win. I bet the
> printing problem can be solved, but I'm not optimistic about TT.

I have used H&R Block online filing application with good success. Works
just fine under Mozilla!

> _Now_ I need to dig through the 'ground-zero' in my office and sort the
> remains of this year's tax records. Just opening the door will be tricky!

Man, no kidding! As if I don't normally have a literal pile of "no place
to file it yet" stuff on the floor, now we have the tax pile(s) as well.

So much for the paperless office we were all promised years ago.  ;)