[ale] ale NW meeting THIS WEEK!

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Tue Apr 15 22:46:21 EDT 2003

A bit late getting this out, I apologize.

Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts - NorthWest April meeting notice

Join your fellow Linux enthusiasts for our regular monthly meeting!
Thursday, April 17, 2003
8:00 PM
Kennesaw State University
Attention: new room! Clendenin 1008
1000 Chastain Rd., Kennesaw, GA 30144

THIS MONTH:

Topic: Using the Linux Desktop
Speaker: Greg Canter

Presentation:

Greg will provide a presentation which will include general
desktop software use on Linux.  Some of the items to be
covered include: web surfing, email, playing a CD, playing
an mp3, word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software,
creating folders, copying files, checking disk usage,
accessing and mounting file systems, various configuration
tools and simple firewalls.  Greg will try to cover all of
the above as well as multiple packages for some topics.

Bio:

Greg Canter is a programmer in the Kennesaw area who has been
using Linux & OpenBSD for the past year and a half.  He has
been programming in the Atlanta area for the last 6 years.
He is a firm believer in Open Source and considers himself
extremely lucky to finally be doing professionally what was
once "just a fun hobby".

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net

Think about it...