[ale] Defeated by the offshoring of America....

Benjamin Scherrey scherrey at proteus-tech.com
Mon Apr 14 16:48:12 EDT 2003

4/14/2003 4:38:37 PM, "James P. Kinney III" <jkinney at localnetsolutions.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 2003-04-14 at 14:14, Drag0n wrote:
>
>> 	Sigh, its a shame that we had a revolution over a 5% tea tax, and no
>> one gets upset over 66% of everything you earn going to ther government.
>> (if you make over $50,000, own a home and have a car, you get to keep
>> only 33% of what you earn today)
>
>??? Two years+ ago when I was in that income bracket and higher, I was
>able to keep much more than 1/3 of what I earned. In fact, I was able to
>keep much more than 60%.

	You obviously were not purely a W2 income employee where just about every deduction
except mortage interest and children has been stripped away. Consider fed + state + ssn +
medicare and the typical two-income earner family and losing over 60% is not at all difficult.

>Of course these days I'm earning about what I paid in taxes then.

	Indeed - what I paid in taxes then would have taken several families out of poverty level
income... I feel your pain.

	Ben Scherrey