[ale] Defeated by the offshoring of America....

John Wells jb at sourceillustrated.com
Mon Apr 14 11:24:13 EDT 2003

Thought you guys might be interested in a response I got this morning from
a buddy of mine about a job I had interviewed for with his company:

"I think they filled it last week.  The main benefit of the resource they
used
was the fact he was offshore.  <company name snipped/> is making every
attempt to hire offshore resources when available.  You interested in
moving to India?"

This is a *large* American company.  While I'm not too concerned with not
getting the job, it really pisses me off to see other deserving citizens
getting passed up because of cheaper labor in other countries.  Had it
been based solely on qualifications, I'd have no argument.

John