[ale] ALE reply-to changes needed??

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sat Apr 12 20:09:31 EDT 2003

I want the simple choice of directly replying to the original poster
with the content of the original post intact. The original post did not
come from ALE. It came from an individual.

And before everyone who is in love with this current, broken system
starts flaming me, yes I know I can reply to the original poster by
jumping through lots of extra hoops. I shouldn't have to. My Linux
system is SUPPOSED to make my life easier by letting me get things done
quicker. If I have to edit the mailto: field to remove ALE and replace
it with the original poster address, I have spent more time doing a task
than I use to need to.

Since the list was migrated to the new server, the archives have been
storing the flotsam and jetsam sent to the entire list that used to be
taken offline immediately by using the reply instead of the reply-all.

Then there is the simple logic of the situation. I am supposed to have
two choices of reply. Choice one, reply to the person in the From field;
choice two, reply to the group as a whole. But as it stands right now, I
don't. Since both reply types have the same effect, it is broken.

Fix it.

I guess the crowd that LIKES it broken is more accustomed to using
broken software than I am. Hmmm. I wonder what they are using for a mail
client?