[ale] ALE reply-to changes needed?? -- VOTE @ www.cade.org/ale_reply.php

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Sat Apr 12 17:03:54 EDT 2003

I move that we use the Cade voting system, and close the polls.
Currently the vote is 320 (reply to list) vs. 8 (reply to poster).

Moreover, I heard that one (or more) of the votes for "reply to poster" was
voted only because the radio button was too close to the submit button!
Thus, there is a "hanging chad" in our ale voting system. Nonetheless, I think
that this alledged hanging chad offsets the fact that the default vote is
"reply to list."

Aaron can I get a second?

Drew

On Sat April 12 2003 12:42, Joe wrote:
> Cade Thacker <linux at cade.org> writes:
> > So as not to tie up the list and make it easy to track I created a quick
> > and dirty php vote
> > counter.
> >
> > http://www.cade.org/ale_reply.php
> > http://www.cade.org/ale_results.php
> >
> > Hope this helps....
> >
> > It would be easy to rig the voting so be honest!
>
> So if I honestly feel that my own opinion is worth ten times anyone
> else's (and who doesn't?), I can vote ten times, right? :-)
>
> Cheers,
>
> -- Joe Knapka
> (who's actually abstaining from this vote)

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com