[ale] [CONTRACT WORK OFFERRED] Perl Programmer(s) in Atlanta

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Fri Apr 11 23:18:37 EDT 2003

Having watch, instigated, and participated in long discussions about how
the currently used mailing list application on ALE rewrites all messages
so that ALL listed return addresses are to the group, I feel I am
qualified to back Fletch 110% in his public display of "Harruph!"
directed not at any individual on the list but more at the improper
design of the application and the near abuse of the relevant RFC's that
cover the use of email forwarding.

I currently use Evolution and can not reply to the sender by selecting
reply. Nor can I in pine nor balsa. I have a personal distaste for Mutt
and do not even attempt to use it so I don't know how it responds to the
ALE headers. Nor do I live inside and emacs universe so I can't comment
on it's mail handling.

As I do not use KDE at all, I can't testify to the usability of kmail.

But I can say unequivocally that the current setup is frustrating to use
for the exact reason that Fletch pointed out.