[ale] [OT] need help with 2php SOLUTION

ChangingLINKS.com x3 at ChangingLINKS.com
Fri Apr 11 03:22:39 EDT 2003

Man, you can't "be" talkin' to a script-kiddie like that. :) That stuff was
over my head. I just spent 5 minutes trying to log into my ftp server with
incorrect login errors *because my caps lock was pressed down. . . .*

again.

Anyway, the solution to the problem was much more simple than the appreciated
recommendations.

Lesson learned:
If you pull a query from a database and then alter the data with a function,
you must query the database again instead of using a variable that was set by
the original query.

wrong:
 query
 set variables A-E
 function
 echo variable C (this will reflect the A-E state of the database)

right:
query
set variables A-E
function
query (even if this is in the function is seems to be essential)
set variable C
echo variable C

One day I will buy a book about PHP and read instead of coding by trial and
error. :) Thanks for the help!!

Drew Brown
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com