[ale] [OT] How come I can't purchase this domain?

Andrew Newton anewton at ecotroph.net
Mon Apr 7 14:34:51 EDT 2003

Mike Lockhart wrote:

> My recommendation is to use DirectNIC for your domain registrations.
> Not because they're the cheapest, but because they have the most safety
> nets setup for their customers and are damn honest.  I should know, i
> used to work there. ;)  These guys will go head to head with VeriSuck
> when VeriSuck tries to steal a domain/customer. (very common occurance)

I would recommend DirectNIC as well.  I use them, and I use to work for
their competition.

If you are having a particularly thorny issue, you might also want to
try Alice's Registry (www.ar.com).  It's a bit more expensive than
DirectNIC, but I've been told that they guy running it is like stink on
shit when it comes to hounding domains away from squatters.

-andy