[ale] Help needed for a Non-Profit project - if not Linux then will go Windows

Greg runman at speedfactory.net
Sun Apr 6 20:14:12 EDT 2003

how ? I type "minicom" and get nothing back.  Here are some facts that may
help:

Telepath 28.8 fax modem (from a Gateway pc)
US Robotics chipset
io == 0x210
irq == 5

The modem is recognized on the hardware inventory under  'isapnp'

when trying to connect I get the following Kinternet log entries:
Initializing modem
Sending ATZ
Sending ATQ0
Re-sending ATZ
Modem not responding
Connect script failed

Does this have something to do with wvdial ?
I have started smpppd

Any clues anyone ??

TIA
Greg