[ale] Java front end for iptables

Zack zack at the-links.net
Sat Apr 5 13:52:04 EST 2003

Anyone on the list interested in joining a Java project already well
under way (but just starting a redesign).  The project is jwall
(http://sf.net/projects/jwall) and it provides a front end to linux
firewalls.  I expect it to eventually have plugins for things like
FreeS/wan as well as IPTables, so it can do a lot more.  But it is
definitely designed for handling multiple policies across multiple
firewalls, and will push the policies to remote firewalls and install
them itself.

Anyway, I need java developers, and Linux and Security knowledge is a
big plus.  Just email me if you're interested.

Zack

PS - There is a jar file at the site mentioned above that is fairly
recent, and will give you an idea of where it's at.

<You will now be returned to the regularly scheduled programming>